Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Yellow Birthday Party

As my nephew's birthday was approaching he was telling everyone that he was going to have a yellow party. I love a simple theme!

I had decided a long time ago to make these cupcakes for his birthday instead of a cake. They were fun to make and everybody thought the cookies tasted delicious!! I even used whole wheat flour. I had also ordered these adorable cupcake liners, however they did not arrive in time (I ordered them too late).

I ordered the Nigella Lawson Cookie Cutters, they include the entire alphabet, the numbers 0-9, and stars, hearts and circle shapes. They were the perfect size!



Considering my elementary decorating skills, I was quite pleased with how they turned out.
I undertook another fairly ambitious project. Tapping a watermelon! We were going to fill it with lemonade! My sister scooped out the inside like a pumpkin. There was enough watermelon pulp to fill two large bowls! I made watermelon sorbet with the leftovers.
Unfortunately we did not have a drill bit to make the whole. My dad decided to use a knife, and that is where this project turned from functional lemonade holding vessel to really odd centerpiece! I am determined that this would work. The hole needs to make a tight seal over the faucet fixture so it will not leak...next time!

Pictures of the party to come!!

No comments: